[ruby-opengl-devel] Re : Requirements and Design

minh thu noteed at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 21:58:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

i see you're doing some good job with the (not so) old ruby-opengl.
i will try that tomorrow (i mean today Sunday, but later (it's 4 am)).

2006/9/3, peter mclain <peter.mclain at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> > Are you working on ruby-opengl this Labor Day week-end ? Until when
> > does it last ?
>
>   Yes, I'll be playing (not working ;^) on it a bit.  We just get Monday
> off.
>
> > (sorry for my english... you can correct me if you want/have time to do so
> :)
>
>   I'd have written "When does it end?" instead of "Until when does it
> last?".

thank you :)

> > > As promised, here is my script, not finished, in attachment. (it is
> > accompagned with a simple build.sh)
> > It was tested on freeglut_std.h. It doesn't handle yet the callbacks
> > but I understand how
> > to handle them.
> > It is still a bit messy...
>
>   I like the idea of the script, but it seems to conflict with the
> idea of using Yoshi's code as a base...  Perhaps Thu can check the
> code into a directory, trunk/experimental (or something) because I'd
> like to play with it, but I first needed to make some tweaks to get it
> to compile on OSX.

conflict with Yoshi'code : not really : it depends on what we really want.
In fact the part that is interesting in Yoshi's code is essentially
the CALLBACK_WINDOW_Something defines and other callbacks related
code.
We can keep it or we can regenerate it without problems (with or
without c preprocessor defines).

You can add yourself the script to svn; i won't tonight and it didn't
changed since the mail (so your changes are present).

>   I'd like to see the script simplified to do just one job: take an
> input file (gl.h, glut.h, whatever.h) and spit out the .c file.  We
> can then use the rakefile to call it once for each of gl.h, glut.h
> etc.  I think that will clean up mkwrap.rb a bit.

Yep. I think/hope that the glut handling was more difficult than for
gl/glu... not sure at all.

>   But, still, nice work...

Thanks
thu