[ruby-opengl-devel] Requirements and Design

peter mclain peter.mclain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 15:41:19 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I read through most of the email threads and tried to list the major
issues and sort through to produce what I think is a consensus
document.  Please check the svn repository and read
docs/requirements_and_design.txt.

  I organized the document into sections: requirements (what we're
trying to accomplish),  design (currently empty), implmentation (e.g.,
the swig issue and other things that are independent of, for example,
what syntax we support in ruby files). and a brief roadmap.

  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a little lost
with all of the threads and comments on the lists.  I don't intend
that the document is the last word on anything, far from it.  I just
think it is easier and more efficient if we have a document and can
then do things like add a requirement, remove a requirement or modify
a particular phrasing of a requirement.

  I propose that we iterate a couple of times over the current
document until we are more or less aggreed on it, and then start
working.  I think we can probably get the requirements agreed to
pretty quickly, and that we just make a decision on SWIG (most people
think we should dump it).

  Anyway, let me know....

--
Peter McLain