[ruby-opengl-devel] Fwd: Fix to get it working on my system:

John Gabriele jmg3000 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 02:12:30 EDT 2006

On 8/30/06, peter mclain <peter.mclain at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Whoops. For that last string I meant: "--with-ldflags='-lGL'"
>
>   I've updated the gl/rakefile.  Someone on linux should test.

I don't think this is related (since I tried it again without the
change), but with the latest svn, on Ubuntu I'm getting:

trunk/samples$ ruby smooth.rb
smooth.rb:23: undefined method `glScale' for GL:Module (NoMethodError)
        from smooth.rb:40

(the window pops up for an instant then goes away before drawing
anything). Here's another:

trunk/samples$ ruby plane.rb
plane.rb:65:in `myinit': undefined method `glMaterial' for GL:Module
(NoMethodError)
        from plane.rb:158

This next one just hangs with the glut window open, but with nothing
drawn inside:

trunk/samples$ ruby test.rb
=== GlutTest.initialize ===
=== GlutTest.show ===