[ruby-oci8-devel] status of FAN Support

Flinn Mueller theflinnster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:08:59 EST 2009

We're using the activerecord-oracle-adapter with Rails and Oracle
RAC.  We're seeing locking in certain situations and I'd rather the
request timeout than what it currently does (block forever and tie up
mongrels).  In reading about FAN it seems it could help our timeout
situation but I'm not 100% certain at this point how it's implemented