[ruby-oci8-devel] Support FAN in Ruby-OCI8

KUBO Takehiro kubo at jiubao.org
Sun Jun 29 18:37:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 5:40 PM, shiwei zhang <shiwei.zhang at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've successfully tested the FAN functionality in my environment. The steps
> are as below:

Great!

> 3. Make the Ruby-OCI8 linked with a threaded library and make it in
> OCI_EVENT mode.

Is it libpthread?

If a C macro HAVE_NATIVETHREAD is defined, the ruby is configured
with '--enable-pthread' option and is linked with libpthread.
You have no need to link it for oci8lib.so.

#if HAVE_NATIVETHREAD /* defined in ruby.h */
 ... enable FAN by user configuration...
#else
 ... disable FAN ...
#endif

>                 (I worked out a patch to do this but you know for some
> reason currently it's not merged into Ruby-OCI8. ;-) )

Did you send me the patch? I don't remember it. If it have no problem,
could you commit it by yourself?

--
KUBO Takehiro
kubo at jiubao.org