[ruby-oci8-devel] Test cases failures on Ruby-oci8 v2.0

Christopher Jones christopher.jones at oracle.com
Tue Jan 8 14:47:55 EST 2008

KUBO Takehiro wrote:

>> OCIError: ORA-12516: TNS:listener could not find available handler with matching protocol stack
>
> This error is raised when connection/disconnection are called too frequently.
> IMO the TNS listener could not handle too many and too short sessions.
> I changed the test cases to use one connection.

I noticed the same issue with the PHP regression suite.

The ideal solution is to set the DB's init.ora 'processes' parameter correctly
for the load.  Page 175 (in version 1.4) of the free PHP/Oracle book at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/php/pdf/underground-php-oracle-manual.pdf
shows how to do this.

Chris

--