[ruby-oci8-devel] Ruby OCI8 proxy authentication

Ted Behling ted.behling at htc.hargray.com
Wed Apr 23 11:00:31 EDT 2008

I would like to be able to use Oracle's "proxy authentication" feature
from Ruby.  My Web research and review of the ruby-oci8 source code
indicate that this feature is unimplemented in ruby-oci8 and there are
no plans to add it.  I'd love to know if this is definitely the case.
If proxy authentication is indeed unimplemented, I think adding this
feature would be a strong enabler for getting ruby-oci8 to be more
widely used in complex enterprise environments.

Kubo or Liming, it would be great if you were to please comment on
whether this is something you would be interested in adding to

For your information, here are some good explanations of proxy

Ted Behling
ISP Systems Analyst, Hargray Communications
ted.behling at htc.hargray.com