[ruby-dbi-users] dbi with odbc help requried

Pardee, Roy pardee.r at ghc.org
Thu May 19 14:32:58 EDT 2011

I think your connect string has to start out with the name of a driver.  So frx I connect up to a sybase db w/something like this:

SYBASE_CONSTRING        = "dbi:ADO:" +
                           "Provider=MSDASQL;" +
                           "Persist Security Info=False;" +
                           "Extended Properties=\"DRIVER={Sybase System 11};UID=my_username;DB=data_warehouse;SRVR=DW_SYBASE;PWD=my_password;\""
DBI.connect(SYBASE_CONSTRING)

For ODBC I assume the provider would be "dbi:ODBC", but am not really sure.

HTH,

-Roy