[ruby-dbi-users] several issue

Oliver Peng oliver.peng at skywave.com
Fri Jul 8 11:11:37 EDT 2011

Hi All:

I found several issues after using DBI. Please have a look:

For DATE column in MS SQL Server, the value in database is 2011-02-12 and what I get is 2011-02-1.

For TINYINT column in MS SQL Server, DBI will convert value to Boolean type instead of number.

For different date, timestamp columns, DBI will return different classes. Here is the table for all the classes which I got:

Column type

MySQL

MS SQL Server

Oracle

DATE

Date

String

Time

TIME

DateTime

String

DATETIME

DateTime

DateTime

TIMESTAMP

DateTime

Time

DATETIMEOFFSET

String

DATETIME2

String

SMALLDATETIME

DateTime

It will be great if we can use unified interface for all these column types.

Oliver