[ruby-dbi-users] Thinking of trying to resurrect the ADO DBD--anybody already working on that?

Pardee, Roy pardee.r at ghc.org
Wed Nov 25 12:00:46 EST 2009

Thanks much for the response Erik!  The moving target thing is a bummer.  Maybe I should wait?

I posted close to this same message on the sqlserver-adapter google group

Yesterday I started learning how to package code w/rubygems and--just for a goof--tried to gem up Neumann's old code in such a way that dbi 0.4.3 would locate & attempt to use it.  Not surprisingly, it barfed w/a "dbi.rb:300:in `block in load_driver': Unable to load driver 'ADO' (underlying error: uninitialized constant DBI::DBD::ADO) (DBI::InterfaceError)".  That was after 16 warnings from the Deprecated gem about methods being redefined/discarded.

Not sure if that means I missed my mark in terms of the gemification/namespacing or what.  Reading dbd_SPEC.rdoc now to try and get oriented...

I'll see if I can figure out how to get on freenode.