[ruby-dbi-users] Proposing patch for sqlite3 driver

Erik Hollensbe erik at hollensbe.org
Tue Sep 30 10:48:35 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008 00:52:34 Jarl Friis wrote:
> I hope you also get the opportunity to have a look at the DBD:Pg
> patch. If you want trigger that defect you need to configure the
> postgres server to use non-US datestyle, in a european installation
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf will typically contain "datestyle
> = 'iso, dmy'", but in a US installation I guess this will be
> "datestyle = 'iso, mdy'". This is why the PG tests fails on my
> european configuration.

The problem with this is that while postgres's date format is variable, the
parsing routes we use with DateTime are not. A smarter solution needs to be
used, as a "strptime until it doesn't break" solution will likely cause more
problems than it resolves.

I'll look at this on the weekend. Thanks for the reminder.