[ruby-dbi-users] require 'Date' and require 'dbi' issues.

Erik Hollensbe erik at hollensbe.org
Wed Jun 4 21:50:51 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 16:22:31 Scott Comboni wrote:
> Seems there are some conflicts. Any suggestions?  I was thinking I
> could load up ActiveSupport and use those date functions.

Interesting... This is arguably a bug in ruby.

See, it's requiring the same date library twice, but the difference in
capitalization in the require causes an error on OS X (which is
case-insensitive, similar to windows).

In any case, other than the warnings I'd be surprised if it was anything other
than harmless.

I'll put in a fix in a day or so and release it, and talk to some ruby devs
about if this is worth reporting upstream or not.

Thanks for the report.