[ruby-dbi-users] M4DBI: Models

databaseofgrace.5.pistos at geoshell.com databaseofgrace.5.pistos at geoshell.com
Wed Feb 27 14:15:19 EST 2008

Hello all.  I'm glad to see DBI getting some attention again.  I've
tried ActiveRecord, Og and Sequel, but after all is said and done, I
feel most at home with DBI.  :)

http://rome.purepistos.net/m4dbi/rdoc
http://rome.purepistos.net/m4dbi/examples/

I just wanted to start publicizing a project I've begun recently:
M4DBI - Models for DBI.  I agree with the general philosophy of
keeping DBI a lean and low-level means of accessing one's database.
At the same time, I enjoy the convenience of the ORMs in that they let
me work with models and relationships between them in a nice, Ruby-ish
way.  I don't care much for the SQL-alike constructs that other ORMs
try to give, so I made M4DBI: all the power and low-level feel of DBI,
but with models.

M4DBI is heavily spec'ed, with nearly 99% c0 code coverage:
http://rome.purepistos.net/m4dbi/rcov/ and I and another user are
using it in a few places.

--
Pistos