[Ruby-dbi-devel-new] some ideas on type conversion

Erik Hollensbe erik at hollensbe.org
Mon Mar 24 12:39:45 EDT 2008

Here's what I've come up with on type conversion, sorry for the ugly
URL. If you'd prefer, you can get the latest git repo, switch to the
"development" repo, and look in the "prototypes" directory. Please
let me know if anything is unclear or requires flames. :)

http://code.hollensbe.org/?p=ruby-dbi.git;a=blob;f=prototypes/
types.rb;h=b9ec104118553ec054558c94b51231139a4d44a0;hb=f0c124d920ef6996e
a63400686a563c6e89cf694

I'm on vacation this week, so I should have plenty of time to work on
things. One of the other things I plan to do is expand the test suite
to exercise the full spec. This should work out where our supported
DBDs for 0.4.0 still need help, and probably where the spec should be
changed to reflect reality, too.

Mike, how interested would you be in tackling the prepare_cached
implementation in parallel with the changes above? You'd probably be
hitting a moving target, and would have to work on more than the Pg
implementation. :)

--
Erik Hollensbe
erik at hollensbe.org