[Rubish-devel] tags in rubish

Kyle Shank kyle.shank at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:15:06 EDT 2005

George,

I like your approach to public tagging.  As we discussed before there
is a difference between public/private tagging.  Public tagging could
be really cool and neat; we just have to ensure that the basic
navigation structure remains so that people can get around the site.
The risk with public tagging is that its open format lets things get
out of control and we obviously don't want someone blowing away the
primary home/about/contact links on a website, etc.  So I think we can
accomplish some neat, community driven navigation with clever
interface (possibly some AJAX etc) design.  We just need to decide
where we would draw certain access or permissions lines.  For example,
do we limit people to contributing to the second or their tier of
navigation etc.

Discuss.

Cheers,
Kyle