[rspec-users] Sending raw JSON data with Rails 3.2.11 and RSpec

Lawrence Pit lawrence.pit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 21:01:43 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

   describe "Example", :type => :request do

     # curl -k -i -X POST -d '{"api_token":0}'
https://api.example.local/reset_password
     # See
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rubyonrails-security/ZOdH5GH5jCU/discussion
     it "should not be exploitable by using an integer token value" do
       post "/reset_password", '{"api_token":0}', 'CONTENT_TYPE' =>
'application/json', 'ACCEPT' => 'application/json'
       response.status.should == 401

Cheers,
Lawrence