[rspec-users] How does Spork help in requests specs?

Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas lbocseg at yahoo.com.br
Fri May 18 00:45:24 UTC 2012

Indeed, deleting the tables manually requires more effort because of the
foreign keys that will require a specific order, but the specs got way
faster than using truncation. Go figure it out.

And worse than that is reading this on PG documentation:

"TRUNCATE quickly removes all rows from a set of tables. It has the same
effect as an unqualified DELETE on each table, but*since it does not
actually scan the tables it is faster*."

Yeah, sure, I believed on you once. Maybe this is true for large tables,
but not so true for testing matters.

I just found that I should report this here for benefits of others that
might consider this approach as well on PostgreSQL.