[rspec-users] RSpec & JRuby

Srushti Ambekallu srshti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:15:13 UTC 2012

We're working on a project with a bunch of padrino services running on JRuby 1.6.5. Currently, the tests are written Test::Unit, but we want to move to writing specs. We tried rspec but that seemed to fail, until we looked closer and found that JRuby 1.6.6 has fixed whatever the issue was.

We are in the process of upgrading to JRuby 1.6.6, which might mean that we can migrate to RSpec. But, I was warned that RSpec has had a number of issues with JRuby in the past and there's no reason not to expect them in the future, and that I should look at MiniTest's specs instead. Do you guys have any issues using RSpec with JRuby? Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Srushti
http://rubymonk.com