[rspec-users] Rails 3.2 initializers not running when running Rspec without Spork

Avi Tzurel avi at kensodev.com
Mon Jun 25 22:07:05 UTC 2012

We upgraded our app from 3.0.9 to 3.2.5.
Latest Rspec version running of course.

When I run rspec command, I get uninitialized constant error.
The constant that Rspec is alerting on is in the initializers class.

it seems that Rspec is not running the Rails initializers.
Anyone else had/know this problem?

Any info I can give to better pin point the problem?

my spec_helper file is just a regular spec_helper out of the box with some config additions, I removed the entire spork section from there.

Thanks you in advance for any assistance.

Avi Tzurel

English blog: http://www.kensodev.com
Hebrew Blog: http://he.kensodev.com