[rspec-users] id getting overwritten with 0 when testing

Guyren G Howe gisborne at emailuser.net
Wed Jan 25 16:29:54 EST 2012

On Jan 25, 2012, at 3:44 AM, Julian Leviston wrote:

> Okay so NOW to me it sounds a lot like you're using a non-integer as a primary key which I wouldn't do...

I don’t think you’ve tried to write a server app that synchronizes with handheld apps over an unreliable internet connection. UUIDs make things *so* much easier.

The decision about the pks is made. Am I understanding from folks here that rspec *won’t work* without integer primary keys? That is a major design flaw, if true.