[rspec-users] Testing an API I'm creating, need test server to be running

apneadiving apnea.diving.deep at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 09:40:57 EST 2012

Hi,

As I am writing a brand new API, I'd like to test it's response.

Obviously, controller tests are great and work like a charm but as I
expose data which are not really resources, I've to make some DIY to
provide responses that ActiveResource can handle properly.

Basically, it would be great in my case to test if ActiveResource gets
the expected data but it means I have to launch a test server in
background for the whole suite.

Is there a convenient to handle this? Currently, I launch the test
server in console but it would be much better to have this handled
programmatically.

Thanks in advance,

Ben