[rspec-users] testing framework for test automation

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Mon Feb 6 13:35:12 EST 2012

On 6 Feb 2012, at 08:20, Ze T wrote:

>> Perhaps you could give us a little more background to what you are testing.
>> Is it a web app? Is it written in Ruby? What type of testing are you
>> looking at? Integration tests, unit tests.
> Looking to run functional tests on site like www.kodakgallery.com or
> www.shutterfly.com
> it might or might not have web apps. I know for fact it will be with
> Ruby & Selenium WebDriver,
> so it would mostly be unit tests. Thank you for feedback.

Hi Ze,

Sorry for the sales, but we wrote The Cucumber Book[1] to help guide teams who want to do this. I'd suggest the material in there would help you, particularly the chapters on using Capybara (which wraps Selenium Webdriver).

[1] http://pragprog.com/book/hwcuc/the-cucumber-book

Freelance programmer & coach
Author, http://pragprog.com/book/hwcuc/the-cucumber-book
Founder, http://www.relishapp.com/