[rspec-users] hiiiiiii...........lots of question ..

Curtis Schofield curtis at ram9.cc
Thu Aug 2 15:02:46 UTC 2012

Hi Fahim

These are from wiki

I think of stub as a change to an existing object to isolate specific paths that a method may take. If you are testing a method - it can help to stub out the responses that another method may respond with.

A mock is an object that is being used by another object under test that will pretend to be a particular instance with particular responses - a mock object has stubbed methods.

I think this is in general - I can get confused about stub and mock .

Curtis J Schofield

"Creativity can solve anything"
- George Lois
  (source: art & copy)