[rspec-users] Argument Non-Matchers

Matt Hauck matthauck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 20:41:33 UTC 2012

Is there a way to specify a message expectation on an object to occur
_without_ a particular argument?

There is a particular function, which in some special circumstance takes a
unique argument, but in normal circumstances does not take this unique
argument. I want to say something like this:
it "should recognize the special state" do

obj.set_special_state true

it "should operate fine without the special state" do

obj.set_special_state false

This does not appear to be possible to set a "non-expectation" on an
argument matcher. Is there a way to do this? Or am I just going about this
the wrong way?