[rspec-users] Access to asset_path helper in a Rails 3.1 application request spec

Silumesii Maboshe silumesii at pencilcasestudios.com
Thu Sep 15 05:08:10 EDT 2011

Hello!

I am learning to use RSpec for testing Rails 3.1 applications - really
enjoying using it so far.
In testing for the presence of assets (e.g rails.png), I've been using:

  get "/assets/rails.png"
  response.status.should be(200)

After some reading about the Rails 3.1 asset pipeline I discovered the
"asset_path" helper. Is it possible to access this helper in a request spec?
I have not had any success so far:

  get asset_path, "rails.png"
  response.status.should be(200)

Gives:

  undefined local variable or method 'asset_path'.

Best,

Silumesii