[rspec-users] rspec not recognised

Sidu Ponnappa ckponnappa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 06:20:21 EDT 2011

If you've installed the gem via bundler, you'll need to either do
'bundle exec rspec' or run the build via rake (do `rake -T | grep
spec` to list all the spec related tasks). You should also take a look
at http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2011/07/18/stop-typing-bundle-exec/

In any event, most editors and IDEs allow you to run your test(s)
inline using a shortcut, so you may want to explore that option as
it's far more convenient/productive than switching to a shell.