[rspec-users] Assertions for asynchronous behaviour

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Tue Sep 13 06:56:21 EDT 2011

Hi all,

In GOOS[1] they use an assertion called assertEventually which samples the system for a success state until a certain timeout has elapsed. This allows you to synchronise the tests with asynchronous code.

Do we have an equivalent of that in the Ruby / RSpec world already? I know capybara has wait_until { } but that's fairly rudimentary - the failure message isn't very helpful. Is there anything else already out there?

[1] http://www.growing-object-oriented-software.com/

cheers,
Matt

--