[rspec-users] generate user-readable tests from Rspec tests?

wolf volpi lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Sep 12 19:51:32 EDT 2011

Sorry my question was not clear.

Sidu Ponnappa wrote in post #1021398:
> You can write your own Formatter[1] if the existing ones don't work for
> you.
> [1] http://cheat.errtheblog.com/s/rspec/
I am mostly testing Java web applications (I do not know Rails).  Will
Formatter[1] work without Rails?

> The default RSpec document format is already available[2] - just pass
> `--format doc` as a param when running the specs.
> [2] https://github.com/jeffkreeftmeijer/fuubar
I watched the video and it looks like it just outputs test results.  The
output should be a test-narrative similar to:
  Given some context
  When some event occurs
  Then I expect some outcome.
Then the end users will review the test-narrative before we start
development. Is there a tool that can generate a test-narrative from
Rspec tests or Watir tests?

Thanks Sidu.