[rspec-users] How to remove this deprecation warning

Jim Morris wolfmanjm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 05:03:49 EDT 2011

After upgrading to rails 3.1 and rspec-rails 2.6.1 I get the following
deprecation warning, however as far as I can tell I am not defining any
examples before it is called.

I am using the default spec_helper generated with rails g rspec:install so
why this warning?

DEPRECATION WARNING: you are using deprecated behaviour that will
be removed from RSpec 3.

You have set some configuration options after an example group has
already been defined.  In RSpec 3, this will not be allowed.  All
configuration should happen before the first example group is
defined.  The configuration is happening at: