[rspec-users] Ignoring certain files?

Marten Veldthuis m.veldthuis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 05:47:09 EDT 2011

Hey guys,

Is there any way I can get rspec to ignore all files in spec/fixtures when
it does a recursive search for all spec/**/*_spec.rb files?

The problem I'm facing is that the fixtures for my code are project
structures on disk, so I thought I'd make a spec/fixtures with a bunch of
different project structures. That works, except obviously those can contain
_spec.rb files, which rspec picks up when I try to run it for my gem. So my
library Soundcheck has this in it's spec directory:

spec/soundcheck_spec.rb
spec/fixtures/ruby/rspec/spec/with_bundler_spec.rb
spec/fixtures/ruby/rspec/spec/without_bundler_spec.rb

When I run "rspec spec" it'll try to execute with_bundler_spec.rb too, but
those files shouldn't be run.

I'd rather keep everything spec-related within "spec/", so I'm hoping this
is possible. I know I can run "rspec spec/soundcheck_spec.rb" but obviously
as I add more stuff that's not going to be so feasible...

Thanks,

Marten