[rspec-users] testing a post to a controller's create action

Patrick J. Collins patrick at collinatorstudios.com
Fri Nov 18 20:42:16 EST 2011

I just spent a lot of time trying to get a test to pass that would not pass no
matter what I did, and I finally decided to just do something really simple to
verify that even that was working-- and it's not.

class PostsController < ApplicationController

	def create
		debugger # or binding.pry

describe PostsController do

	it "does not work" do
		post :create

I never see the debugger prompt..  Can anyone PLEASE tell me why this is not
working?  In any other test, binding.pry or debugger interrupts the test flow
and gives me access to the current scope of the debugger call.

Patrick J. Collins