[rspec-users] stubbing mongoid::criteria in view code

amkirwan amkirwan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:22:30 EDT 2011

I'm try to stub the following in my view code but keep running into
problems with unexpected messages. I've tried stubbing and mocking in
many combinations but can't find away past this. Here is the code
below I am trying to spec

      - if page.parent_id.nil?
        %td
      - else
        %td= Page.criteria.id(page.parent_id).first.title

I receive this error Mock "MongoidCriteria_1004" received unexpected
message :title with (no args) when I do the following

Page.stub_chain(:criteria, :id).and_return(mock_model("MongoidCriteria", :first
=> mock_model("Page", :title => "foobar")))

I've tried every combination I can think of but can't figure out how
to stub this.