[rspec-users] Testing routes with a prefix

Radhesh Kamath lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Mar 23 13:16:53 EDT 2011

Justin Ko wrote in post #988825:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Radhesh Kamath
> <lists at ruby-forum.com>wrote:
>
>>  end
>>
>> rspec-users at rubyforge.org
>>

> You're mapping absolute strings (URL's) to your routes. Any string
> manipulation would dilute the spec. In my opinion, this is not a case of
> keeping things DRY.

It's clear that you have understood my intent: keep things DRY by
specifying the prefix once, and write tests as though the prefix is
implicitly specified.

But what do you mean by 'dilute the spec'?
Do you think it might make the spec brittle?

Pat:

I just want to keep things DRY by specifying the 'v1' prefix once, so
the example would be 'v1/...', only 'v1' would be implicitly set in some
way.

Best,
Radhesh