[rspec-users] Faking FS in specs

Avdi Grimm groups at inbox.avdi.org
Sun Mar 13 18:05:01 EDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Nicholas Wieland <ngw at nofeed.org> wrote:
> Hi *, for some reasons I'm not able to fake writing on the FS during specs with carrierwave, someone managed to make it work ?
> I'm currently trying to use FakeFS, but apparently I'm not even able to run specs after changing spec_helper. The exception it raises is:

An alternative you might try is Construct: https://github.com/devver/construct

We created it at Devver because we had trouble with libraries like
FakeFS. Instead of faking out the FS, it simply gives you tools to set
up the needed file structures and then automatically clean them up
when the test is done.

Avdi Grimm