[rspec-users] Faking FS in specs

Nicholas Wieland ngw at nofeed.org
Sun Mar 13 10:30:34 EDT 2011

Hi *, for some reasons I'm not able to fake writing on the FS during specs with carrierwave, someone managed to make it work ?
I'm currently trying to use FakeFS, but apparently I'm not even able to run specs after changing spec_helper. The exception it raises is:

/Users/ngw/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p180/lib/ruby/1.9.1/pathname.rb:446:in `realpath': undefined method `realpath' for FakeFS::File:Class (NoMethodError)

Is it a problem with my version of Ruby ? If it is, how do I test this stuff ? It's very annoying to have the files saved in /public for every autotest I run ...