[rspec-users] How to use rspec_scaffold generator with latest rspec gem.

Mohnish J. lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Mar 10 08:49:02 EST 2011

I am a newbie to Rails 3 and Rspec. Kindly excuse my being a novice.

I am trying to use RSpec with Rails 3. I am using rails 3.0.3 and ruby
1.9.2 on ubuntu 10.04 os.

I am currently referring to the tutorial on :-
This tutorial not only uses old plugins , but old Rails version of 2.x

I am unable to use the old rspec generator ( rspec_scaffold ) with rspec
2.5 and rspec-rails 2.5 gem. As expected I get the following error as
given below.

    mohnish at mohnish-desktop:~/rails_testing/10Mar11/rspec_demo3$ rails g
rspec_scaffold post title:string body:text
    Could not find generator rspec_scaffold.
    mohnish at mohnish-desktop:~/rails_testing/10Mar11/rspec_demo3$

Could you please tell me how should I give to accordingly for it to work
for me using the above RoR configuration.