[rspec-users] rspec not returning exit code with --drb w/o spork running

dblock dblockdotorg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:30:03 EDT 2011

I am seeing a problem with running rspec (rspec 2.6.0, rspec-core
2.6.4) with --drb (our default) when spork is not running. It fails to
return a non-zero error code.

Anyone has any suggestions where I should start looking? Known bug?

dblock at dblock-magenta:~/source/Gravity/dblock$ rake gravity:test:ci
(in /home/dblock/source/Gravity/dblock)
No DRb server is running. Running in local process instead ...
WARNING: Nokogiri was built against LibXML version 2.7.7, but has
dynamically loaded 2.7.8

  1) artwork/:slug capybara should fail
     Failure/Error: page.should have_css('blah')
       expected css "blah" to return something
     # ./spec/capybara_fail.rb:15:in `block (3 levels) in <top

Finished in 13.23 seconds
1 example, 1 failure

Failed examples:

rspec ./spec/capybara_fail.rb:14 # artwork/:slug capybara should fail
rspec spec pid 5522 exit 0