[rspec-users] RSpec 2.6 + Capybara 1.0 incompatibility

Kai Schlamp kai.schlamp at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:03:52 EDT 2011

Hi.

I use RSpec-Rails 2.6.1 together with Capybara 1.0.0.

Whenever I start my integration (request) tests I get the following
error:

Failure/Error: page.execute_script('$
("div.editable:first").trigger("mouseover");')
     Selenium::WebDriver::Error::UnexpectedJavascriptError:
       $ is not defined

It seems that it can't find jQuery in there. Another strange thing is
that it doesn't start the browser at all when telling Capybara to use
the Selenium driver.

Why do I write this here!? Because when I switch back to RSpec 2.5
everything runs fine again. Do I have to re-configure something for
RSpec 2.6? Any clue what the cause could be?

Regards,
Kai