[rspec-users] Request for comments: Scenario

Tyson Tate tyson at crowdflower.com
Sun Jun 5 15:37:41 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:20 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>wrote:
> Hey Tyson,
> I hate to be the bearer of "you can already do that", but, you can already
> do that (as of rspec-core-2.6)
> http://relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-core/dir/example-groups/shared-context
> https://gist.github.com/1009111
> The only difference that I see is the use of the term 'scenario', which
> could be resolved with a couple of aliases.

I've no idea how I missed that! I swear I looked through the docs to see if
it was something I could already do. In any case, our main spec suite still
runs under RSpec 1 (there's a few dependencies keeping us from upgrading),
so it's still useful for us. The only other difference I can see is the
"setup_for" sugar, but that's something that could easily be added on top of
shared_context. I'll dig into that.

Thanks for the tip!

*CrowdFlower <http://crowdflower.com/> @ *2111 Mission St, Suite 302, San
Francisco, CA 94110