[rspec-users] rspec1.3.2/rspec-rails1.3.4 and Rake 0.9.1 = lots of deprecation warnings

Ramon Tayag ramon.tayag at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 12:59:57 EDT 2011

Sounds like it doesn't know how to load rake. Try require 'rake' or
something like that on top.

Ramon Tayag

On Jun 4, 2011, at 22:58, MattR <matt.rogish at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been searching google and I don't think this case has yet been
identified. I've got an older, Rails 2.3 app that is using rspec 1.3.x. We
upgraded Rake to 0.9.1, and now I get tons of deprecation warnings on
lib/tasks/rspec.rake:28:

WARNING: Global access to Rake DSL methods is deprecated. Please Include
Rake::DSL into classes and modules which use the Rake DSL methods.
WARNING: DSL method Spec::Rake::SpecTask#task
<spec::Rake::SpecTask%23task>called at lib/tasks/rspec.
rake:28:in `initialize'

I tried adding include Rake::DSL in the class that is monkeypatched, but it
doesn't work (unknown constant etc.). Any ideas? Thanks!!

begin
  require 'spec/rake/spectask'
rescue MissingSourceFile
  module Spec