[rspec-users] Command with -l and shared examples

Rob Aldred Rob.aldred at stardotstar.com
Mon Jan 31 07:26:41 EST 2011

I cannot use the -l option on a spec that has shared examples definition.
If I try to run with -l value set to a test block that is outside the shared examples group all it does it runs the tests in the shared examples block

The command line docs have a note saying that the -l option will not work with dynamic tests.
It does not mention shared examples but I assume internally they are setup dynamically?

Is there anyway around this at all?

Rob Aldred

Software Developer
rob at stardotstar.com
twitter: stardotstar

47 Newton Street, Manchester, M1 1FT
T: +44 (0) 161 236 9740

This email and any files or ideas transmitted within it are sent in
confidence and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify the system manager at info at stardotstar.com