[rspec-users] Relish documentation for RSpec

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 17:41:39 EST 2011

On Jan 27, 2011, at 4:34 PM, James Almond wrote:

> I was looking at the Relish documentation for RSpec today and noticed there are a few missing bits. For example, the expectation raise_error can take a block which the raised error gets passed to. This is not documented in the Relish features. I'd love to contribute to the Relish documentation for RSpec, so:
>
> Is the Relish documentation the kind of thing pull requests are accepted for?

Absolutely!

The relish docs are, btw, a mix of Cucumber features and Markdown files. Source is in the features directories of each project.
> If so, is that level of detail (i.e. the fact that matcher accepts a block) appropriate for the Relish docs?

Yes. This is *the* documentation site, and we need to improve it to where it serves as such.
> Should I be working on rspec-dev? I've looked at the instructions on there but I'm unsure how that fits in with forks and pull requests etc.

Not for these. As mentioned above ^^ source for docs for each project lives in that project:

https://github.com/rspec/rspec-core/tree/master/features
https://github.com/rspec/rspec-expectations/tree/master/features
https://github.com/rspec/rspec-mocks/tree/master/features
https://github.com/rspec/rspec-rails/tree/master/features
> Thanks!

Thank _you_! It's great to see someone offering to help. Hopefully you'll inspire some others to do so as well.

Feel free to ask any questions about formatting, what should go where, etc, though probably that's best asked in github issues so we can keep those convos with the code (unless of course you don't know which project to use).

Cheers,
David