[rspec-users] No command 'rspec' found

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 08:50:08 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 6:51 PM, wolf volpi <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I installed rspec on Linux Ubuntu 10.04, but no command 'rspec' is
> found.  Perhaps the PATH is wrong.  What is the correct search path?
> The following was copied from my terminal.  Thank you for taking a look:
> ~$ sudo gem install rspec --version 2.0.0
> ~$ gem list --local
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
> rspec (2.0.0)

So rspec is the only gem you obtain?

What version of RubyGems do you have?

Asking this because when I install rspec I get 3 more gems:

rspec-mocks = 2.0.0
rspec-expectations = 2.0.0
rspec-core = 2.0.0

Inside rspec-core is rspec command.

Also, since you're using Ubuntu, you need to have
/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin added to the PATH.

Please check the above and let us know.

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry