[rspec-users] autospec on rails keep rerunning on failed case, and never stop.

Nori Hamamoto norisuke3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:29:52 EST 2011

Hi there,

I met a problem when I'm using RSpec(1.3.0) on rails.
I installed rspec(1.3.1) and rspec-rails(1.3.3) installed through rails
script/plugin install from github.

I run autospec at $RAILS_ROOT, and if the test goes successful, it's no
problem, but once I get failed case, it keep running the test repeatedly and
never stop.
I'm using MacOSX, so I'm configured it connecting to Growl to show the test
result. Therefore, the failed indication on growl is also shown up
repeatedly until I stop autspec process.

All configuration I did is that I made .autotest file on ~ directory, and
put the following one line in it.

require 'autotest/growl'

Also, I installed RSpec using gem intall to my Mac.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you,
Nori