[rspec-users] Preloading of data in rspec2

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:12:15 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 22:08, Amit Kulkarni <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I had used Fixtures and factory girl for preloading of data in earlier
> version rspec.
> Is there any new thing for loading of data in rspec 2 or do we have to
> use the same.

I have a spec/fixtures/ directory containing YAML files with my
fixture data, which I guess is what you're used to.

I like fixture_builder[1] for generating those fixtures for me from
Factories if you have them, or just plain old Model.create! calls.

There is also some good documentation at http://relishapp.com/rspec

[1] https://github.com/rdy/fixture_builder