[rspec-users] testing a collection

Greg Ditrick gditrick at fuse.net
Fri Feb 11 12:59:51 EST 2011

---- Jay McGaffigan <hooligan495 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you looked at JTestR?
> I'm not sure how active it is being developed and it might not do what
> you are looking for... but it might be worth a shot.

Yes.  I can pretty much do all of what jtestr is doing.  But, I believe that when you mock a java class that mock can not be returned in another java class that you are testing.  So, if I have a java class that creates a java object of a DB object, I don't think I can mock that java DB object and expect the java that I'm testing to use that mock.  I don't think Jtestr can do that, because I don't believe jruby is able to that.  I maybe wrong, but jtestr examples only show simple mocking of say a hash.   I can do that.  But, if I need to mock the java hash object that is used in a java class, it will not return that mock to the java class I am testing.  Again I might be wrong about jtestr.  Maybe it can do that.  I know I cannot just using jruby.  I have tried with db objects and pinged Nick Sieger who replied it was not possible.