[rspec-users] Why use DatabaseCleaner with rSpec?

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:49:34 EST 2011

Hi list,

I've used DatabaseCleaner in the past, but only when using Cucumber
and Selenium (or Steak + Celerity) since turning on
transactional_fixtures would prevent the data being accessible from
app-server that is also triggered for the tests. This works fine, and
is a de-facto solution for this problem.

I don't see why I would want to use DatabaseCleaner with rspec though,
since everything is in the same process, transactional_fixtures could
do fine, in theory. Or not?

Marcelo.