[rspec-users] Is there a way to tell rspec not to fail the test while in debugger?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:32:34 EST 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 9:28 AM, David Kahn wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Scott Taylor <scott at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>
> Probably manually rescuing your debugger call would work:
>
> begin
>  debugger
> rescue Exception
> end
>
> Thanks, I just tried this but no go, the rspec still trips and fails me out. Maybe I have a really different methodology but I depend a lot on working stuff out in the debugger.

I actually do this sort of thing all the time, but I've never run into the problem you're talking about. The only thing I can think of is that there is a message expectation in the spec that you're triggering a failure on (they fail fast whenever they can). Are you setting any message expectations? Or using stubs of some kind?