[rspec-users] Is there a way to tell rspec not to fail the test while in debugger?

David Kahn dk at structuralartistry.com
Thu Feb 3 09:18:24 EST 2011

I am curious as with Test::Unit I could go into the debugger and stay all
day inside of a test and make all kinds of errors without a problem. With
rspec I experience that if I make a bad query/ActiveRecord call that it
flips out and fails the test, throwing me back to the command prompt. This
is normally not a problem but getting rather annoying right now as I am
trying to work out some rather complex logic. Any ideas if there is a way to
bypass this situation?

For example:

(rdb:1) TuRawBillDetail.includes(:account_subcode).select("DISTINCT
INTERNAL ERROR!!! missing attribute: account_subcode_id
    /Users/DK/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136 at ncc_billing/gems/activerecord-3.0.3/lib/active_record/association_preload.rb:324:in
`block in preload_belongs_to_association'
re/runner.rb:10:in `block in autorun'F.............................