[rspec-users] Notes on upgrading from RSpec 1 to RSpec 2

Kurt ks at cissor.com
Wed Feb 2 12:31:29 EST 2011

We haven't had the time to try to isolate the cause of the slowdown, but
whatever the cause, it seems to be widespread as I have seen others
reporting slowdowns of the same magnitude we have experienced.  Our suite of
700 tests used to run in about 1 minute and on the same machine, with the
minimal implementation and spec changes required to move to the newer
versions, they now take about 3 minutes.  What performance differences have
you seen in the shift from RSpec1/Rails2 to RSpec2/Rails3?